Tuesday 7 February 2012

How Rich Am I

I own a piece of Canada
On a winding country road,
A wide green lawn, a maple tree
An a blue sky to behold,
Ah, tis rich am I.

I own a sea of dandelions
All shimmering the colour of gold,
Where forget-me-nots and hearts ease
Argue for space to hold,
Ah, tis rich am I.

I own a little latticed deck
With wicker chairs covered in blue,
A purple finch sings at my feeder
A song that reminds me it’s true,
That rich am I.

I own a swing, a long one
That hangs right there in my view,
Where my grandbabies twirl in the sunshine
As my heart rejoices anew,
Cause tis rich am I?

I own a clothesline, a blue one
Where pink towels wave in the breeze,
I’ve time to sit and wave back
Thanking God for the life of ease,
Yes, tis rich am I.

Ah yes! I’ve a new pair of glasses
And libraries all over this land,
A china cup to drink tea from
And a brand new book in my hand,
Ah! Tis rich am I….



By Bernice Patterson

3 comments:

  1. this poem is a treasure. Especially one for your posterity! Darling blog here. Just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by to visit my blog and also I'm happy you are a follower.I don't know how to link back to my followers but when I do I will be happy to connect.

      Delete
  2. I Love your poems Mom, how they bless my heart.
    Oh how much I love you, don't know where to start.
    You are so talented and kind, I'm so proud to be yours,
    but now the only words to rhyme, are behind closed doors.

    hehehe..... Love you Mom! Great job!
    Nanny and Papa's hearts would have gleamed with delight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Another blog design by
Cottage Remnant