Tuesday 17 April 2012

Little Dirt Bag

Little Dirt Bag
                                                                                                                                                           Look what I found at the "Sally Anne"!!!! I just fell in love with it at first sight. My grandaughter looked it up on Google and found out it says, in German "little dirt bag". Now how nice is that?
You can see what I use it for but I guess it was ment to be a plant pot. I love, I love it, I love it.

One of the great things about it, is it's size, because it is large enough to hold my rolling pin.This is a very special rolling pin that my dad made for my mom, when they were first married, over 70 years ago. We lived on an island, off the eastern shore of Newfoundland and we didn't have electricity so he would have had to use a foot operated layth. Dad and my grampa use to make windows and coffins.  One of my earliest memories was sitting on the floor of their workshop as they made a coffin.I collected the shavings curls from the big hand plane, that made a wonderful swishing sound  as they used it. After the coffin was made they covered it with purple crepe paper,put in the back of a horse drawn wagon and off they went up the road.It seemed very natural to me. An odd memory but good.
This rolling pin represents the love Dad had for Mom, to make it for her and all the love she put into making good eats for us.How blessed we were.







Photobucket

1 comment:

Another blog design by
Cottage Remnant