Wednesday 19 December 2012

Memory Mittens

Memory Mittens
 
One of the favourite things that I have ever painted are these memory mittens. Back when my grandchildren were  all very young, in fact the youngest wasn't even born yet, I traced their little hands on  a piece of paper, my husband cut the mitts out and I painted them. Every Christmas since then [ thirteen years ago ] when I get them out, I marvel at how they have grown. The oldest is twenty-five and the youngest is thirteen. Wow !! time sure is in a hurry.  
I also taught this as a Christmas painting project one year, so I know there are other Memory Mittens out there somewhere, bringing back precious memories of precious little hands. 
This Years Display

Some years I put them in a wreath or on the tree, but this year I wanted to display them with some other Christmas  things I've painted over the years.
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I think your memory mittens are adorable and a wonderful idea! You have a great blog and I love your photos. I'll be your newest follower..........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following again. Hope I'll get your new posts in my reader. Love the background........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, thanks for visiting and for your kind comments. I haven't been able to spend much time on the computer lately as i have a pinched nerve in my back and i can't sit for long. I have so many new ideas but must wait for a better day.
      Blessings from Bernice




      Delete
  3. Bernice, I didn't get a chance to see this at Christmas. How cute and such a unique idea..Happy Sunday..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Another blog design by
Cottage Remnant