Tuesday 11 December 2012

Burlap & Birch Bark Pretties

I have been enjoying creating with natural materials this year, I would like to share two ideas that I
came up with that you may enjoy. 
Recycled Burlap Tree

This tree is made from an old potatoe sack or for those who are old enough to remember {a brin bag}.I know you could use landscape burlap or buy burlap ribbon both would work fine.
I first made a cone from cardboard or you could use any type of cone. I then cut strips of burlap and frayed the bottom edge, then using hot glue in a few places, I wound it around the tree.
Thats it.To easy eh?


Faux Birch Bark Candles

I just love birch bark decorations but in the past I have wrapped the bark around a candle and never did light it because  I was to afraid of fire. This year I got this bright idea, my honey cut a log up in different lengths for me  and I carried on from there. All I did was paint the tops off white, then stick  half a tooth pick in a hole that he had drilled for me.
Could anything be easier? He also cut some larger ones that I surrounded with greenery.

 
 
 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely! I added birch bark to the candles on our dining table and you are right, now I'm worried about burning them!

    ReplyDelete

Another blog design by
Cottage Remnant